What is Plastic Doctor Blade ?
Doctor blade system is employed in various printing and coating machines including printing，coating and laminating machines. This is because doctor blade system maintains superb control functions. At Fuji Shoko, we have been working toward the development of soft type doctor blades that are compatible to all of printing and coating processes.
Here we introduce Plastic Doctor System created after conducting repeated material testing and investigations and reviews on the strength, adhesiveness, thickness, hardness, shape and costs.
We have a large selection of products and offer newly developed the Hi-PE and Hi-POM series in addition to the existing PET-S，PET-D and Hi-PET series. Select the best suited product for your individual needs.
Functions and Features
Physical and Chemical characteristics
- Softer than iron, and adhere tightly to cylinder, which prevent leaking ink from ink chambers.
- Contribute to drastic wear reductions and extension of useful lives of components such as anilox rolls, gravure plates and coating cylinders.
- A certain ink removal function is maintained during long run printing by taking advantage of excellent shape, softness and elasticity of blades.
- Suitable for uniformly controlling the amount of flowing liquid such as water-based and solvent ink and coating materials.
- Unlike Metal Doctors, they are easily handled as they resist rust.
- They are safe to handle and prevent accidental injuries.
- Ink and coating materials are easily washed up.
Plastic Doctors are well suitable for organic solvents and oils and fats and have a high degree of resistance to acid and slightly alkali solutions. However, they are deteriorated by strong alkali solutions. The rough relationships are listed in Table 1 below. Plastic Doctors have excellent heat resistance and can be stably used up to the following operational temperatures.
- Hi-PET: Up to 150 degrees
- Hi-PE: Up to 120 degrees
- Hi-POM: Up to 140 degrees