When it comes to sustainability, transfer finishing already has a lot to offer: Just the smallest application of decoration is enough to create an enormous variety of designs in exceptional quality and brilliance - dry, safe and emission-free. With so much potention on offer, sustainability is worth pursuing further!
We are currently the only manufacturer in the industry to convert the PET, upon which our ultra-thin transfer decorations are sent to you for efficient processing, from waste material to valuable raw material. FROM PET CARRIER TO NEW RAW MATERIAL
After many years of research and considerable effort, we have managed to develop a complete process for recycling KURZ transfer carrier waste. We were able to invest the comprehensive expertise gained from our plastic segment into developing this process. Our plant now enables us to transform recycled PET into a high-quality, injection-mouldable material.
Currently we are establishing a takeback system for our PET backing films, which we are gradually implementing for additional customers. CLOSED FINISHING CYLE - HOW DOES KURZ TRANSFER CARRIER RECYCLING WORK?
- The KURZ finishing material will be delivered to the customer as usual
- The transfer design is processed at the printing house
- The used PET carrier films are sorted and stored
- KURZ collects used PET backing material
- The PET backing material is fed into the KURZ recycling process
- The recyclate properties are fully re-engineered
- The new raw material returns to the recycling loop as injection molding material for high-quality products with a wide range of properties
As pioneers in the field of embellishment, we are taking a decisive step towards closed loop technology.
Get in touch and ensure that - together with KURZ - you too take a leading role in sustainable finishing.