About Duplo International
Duplo International provides sustainable, high precision, automated print finishing technology that enables customers to turn paper into great communication and grow their businesses. Duplo drives development of quality-focused products, all backed by world class support and service.
We are the sales and distribution arm of Duplo Corporation in Japan, which sells in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Russia. Duplo International is responsible for more than 60 countries and operates through more than 100 local distributors. Duplo USA covers sales and service for the Americas.
Our aim is to add value for customers by having a dynamic, innovative and inspirational approach to helping our customers adapt, grow their business and become more successful.
Quality, Trust and Respect are at the heart of everything we do. We are open, honest and friendly, taking a partnership approach to our business lives.
Duplo is a Japanese company which was established in 1951, manufacturing one of the first duplicators in the Print Industry. In 1959, Duplo got its name “Duplo” coming from the word “Duplicator”. Duplo is now the leading supplier of print finishing equipment in the world, we have launched over 50 product ranges and have worldwide distribution to more than 170 countries.
Our approach to sustainability
Our people are our most important asset and we look after their welfare and wellbeing in several ways:
- 500sqm of solar panels have been installed on the Duplo International roof. During the summer months the company will generate more power than it consumes.
- 63 SunPipes have been installed on the roof to catch and channel natural light into the building. Similarly, the open plan office has been designed so that light from the windows can penetrate right into the centre of the workplace. What light is required is provided by ultra-low energy bulbs and motion sensitive lighting in corridors and toilets turn off the lights when nobody is around.
- In September 2011, the installation of three mixed recycling points in the office and a dedicated high-volume paper recycling bin for showroom waste has helped us reduce our landfill waste by around 30%.
- In 2019 we joined the Terracycle programme to help us recycle harder products such as crisp packets and the likes.
- In January 2012, our 2nd largest supplier, IDEAL was awarded the ISO14001 environmental management standard. Over 90% of our sales are now for products sourced from IS014001 factories.
- Duplo have a strong and long-lasting partnership with Two Sides providing support for and building awareness of stainable and responsible forestry, paper production and printing.
- A clear people strategy: Ensuring a high-performance culture by supporting all staff to realise their potential as direct contributors to the success of DUPLO.
- IIP recognition: We wear our Investors In People badge with pride. IIP is a National Standard for Effective Investment in People. The objective of the standard is to improve the performance of an organisation through effective development of its people. DUPLO have been successfully reviewed by the IIP every 3 years for the past 21 years; an achievement we are proud of.
- Apprenticeships & internships: We firmly believe in training the next generation of talents. Our ongoing Production Departments apprenticeship program has produced some fresh talent over the years and regularly feed our staff population. We welcome interns throughout the year whose enthusiasm and can do approach help us all grow.
- Health Management: We proactively invest in the health & wellbeing of our staff. From providing free fruit throughout the office, to having our own RELAX room and CHILLOUT space (complete with ping pong table, pool table and quiet corner), we continuously invest in making our environment as healthy and safe as possible.
DUPLO is aware of their responsibility to give back to the community. Our current chosen local charity is CORNER HOUSE, which promotes mental & emotional wellbeing. As well as raising money for it, we also donate some of our time when they need a little helping hand. Duplo participate in and support several local and national charity campaigns. From raising money to donating staff hours, everyone at DUPLO helps make the world a slightly better place by looking after people who need a little helping hand.