Comprehensive print quality inspection solutions for monitoring 100% of a web or sheet application using high-performance line scan imaging, high definition web viewing, and automated defect detection technology for web print, labels, cards & packaging applications.
With technological advances in printing evolving at a rapid pace, the industry needs to manage faster printers, high resolutions, complex production workflows, shorter run lengths and even shorter turnaround times. In this environment, ensuring superior print quality is paramount to both safeguard your reputation, and to retain and expand your business in an increasingly competitive print market.
Manual print quality inspection or using strobed video web viewing systems (which monitor only small portions of the web) fall short of what is required for capturing defects before they start impacting your minimum quality levels. This invariably leads to expensive reprinting, extra operational pressures, increased waste and ultimately lower profits and declining client satisfaction levels.
Solutions for Print Quality
- 100% print inspection on sheet or web presses.
- Ability to track items, verify sequence and match information against a database or the original print run input file for complete integrity verification
- Ability to detect print quality defects such as voids, streaks, ink marks, print registration, colour deviations or die-cut and positional variations
- Simple and easy to use set-ups for complex multi-lane jobs
- Ability to PDF compare for master image set-up
- Ability to precisely stop, alert, divert, mark, tab suspect items in the shortest possible distance for high speed sheet or web devices
- Ability to integrate with all major printers/presses, ilabel converter, card personalisation and variable/flexible packaging equipment
- Ability to display the real-time status of each print repeat and generate detailed error reports and roll maps which can be used by MIS or in-house factory control systems as well as by offline web inspection/correction stations.
- Ability to provide bolt-on divert stations, inkjet marking or tabbing solutions
- Flexibility to easily change configurations to adapt to changing customer requirements.
Lake Image Systems offers a comprehensive print quality inspection system for monitoring 100% of the web using high performance line scan imaging, high definition web viewing and automated defect detection technology for web print, labels and packaging applications.
- Comprehensive HD web monitoring & viewing
- Reliable detection of random & repeating defects
- Fast identification, position & reviewing of Defects
- Conditional logic processing
- Auto Job PQ profile selection
Discoverys Print Quality Inspection solution is a high-performance upgrade to traditional web viewing technology. Operators can view the entire web in high definition, and if required zoom in on critical areas to view the process in real time, even at web speeds up to 350 meters/min (1150 ft./min).
These solutions ensure real-time print defect detection of randomly occurring and recurring print defects on web-fed printing presses. Print defects such as mis-registration, die-cut variations, smudges, hickeys, hazing, streaks, creases, wrinkles and colour variation are automatically detected. The Operator is alerted when repeating defects are detected, or the size of a defect reaches an unacceptable level.Pharmaceutical Packaging and Label Inspection
DISCOVERY PharmaPQ ensures real-time print defect detection of randomly occurring and recurring print defects on web-fed printing presses. Print defects such as misregistration, die-cut variations, smudges, hickeys, hazing, streaks, creases, wrinkles and colour variation are automatically detected Furthermore, DISCOVERY PharmaPQ provides powerful but simple to use, OCR and barcode reading and verification tools to validate 1D/2D barcodes, serial/lot numbers, and Expiry Dates. This ensures they are present, readable, reconciled and are correctly logged into a database.